Though Pap Smear tests are the norm for diagnosing and analyzing cervical cancer symptoms, the ideal test option to deal with Human Papillomavirus (HPV) infections are PCR-based HPV tests. Learn more about the possibility and potential of an HPV PCR test in this post.
HPV PCR Tests - An Overview
HPV PCR tests work like Pap Smear tests in the sampling, diagnosis and analysis segments. It can help identify both high-strain and low-strain HPV types with even the capacity to give guidance in opting for preventive (for higher symptoms) or therapeutic actions. Though home testing is possible with an HPV PCR test kit, it is better to opt for professional consultants.
The general aspects of this test are similar to the more popular Pap test. PCR-based tests apply best to HPV-16 and HPV-18 strains. It follows the structure of a gynaecological test and follows DNA analysis and measuring techniques. The sample collection and manual analysis of the collected specimen follow a regulated and orderly scientific process.
Are HPV PCR Tests Feasible Choices?
Healthcare authorities do not mention or propagate the concept of HPV PCR tests as much as their Pap Smear counterparts. The core scientific modules that are covered in this process include genome detection techniques, DNA amplification processes, and antibody-testing analysis. An HPV PCR test for males is not available at the moment.
The feasibility of an HPV PCR test lies in the presentation and interpretation of the results rather than the sample collection itself. In the sampling process, what matters the most is the quality, precision and accuracy of the collected mass.
Benefits of HPV PCR Tests
The primary benefits and advantages of HPV PCR tests are as follows:
- An HPV PCR test helps you analyse the DNA analysis in the best possible way. This can act as the stepping stone or guidance measure for numerous other tests using DNA sample collection.
- The real-time nature of the sampling and test analysis gives you an exact measure of where the probable infection or related symptoms and potential treatment process stands effective. These are attributed to HPV PCR test accuracy.
- HPV PCR tests are a mix of conventional and dynamic lab testing procedures. Considering the validity of nine months or twelve months of an HPV test, it is relevant to stay upgraded on the test process and its possible implications.
- It serves as a credible platform for cervical cancer screening programs too.
- It serves as a confidence boost for the ones who undergo the HPV PCR test procedure. It helps more women stay on top of their health and wellness goals.
Even if you have the option to try PCR HPV tests at home with sampling kits, it is better to consult a healthcare professional to assist with the testing process. Consider getting tests at frequent intervals to avoid HPV infections of the lower strains too. Do not think about factors like HPV PCR test cost and affordability, as your health and wellness maintenance is the major objective.